In my mind I have started the process. I have selected the Mythic Paint colors and Stencils from Cutting Edge Stencils...and am desperately trying to find the time to get it all done before he goes off to college in 9 more years.
So I have decided to start with a couple pieces of art work. Joe loves rocks and fossils and has quite a collection, so this is the basis for our big boy room (I have for now talked him out of lightning bolts).
- Cutting Edge Stencils (your choice). I used Ammonite Large Fossil and Tiny Trilobite Fossil
- Krylon Webbing Spray, Black (or white - I used white the first time I tried this project). They also have gold and silver.
- Krylon Brushed Metallic Spray Paint in Sparkling Canyon
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic in Asphaltum and Ebony (ebony is optional) OR DecoArt Black Stencil Paint I happened to have this on hand)
- DecoArt Thickening Medium (not sure I can even tell you how much I LOVE this stuff!)
- Palette knife or old store/credit card
- Optional: DecoArt Staining and Antiquing Medium
- Canvas, size of your choosing. I used a 16x16 canvas and a 6x8 canvas (I also used a 16 x 18 canvas on another piece). It does not have to be a great quality canvas - my canvases were on sale for like $5.00 and $2.00.
- Paper plate for mixing paint
PDF coming later!
Layer canvases with Krylon webbing and Spray Paint; add Cutting Edge Stencil and Acrylic Paint/Thickening Medium...and voila....Great homemade art!
Easy-Peasy really cool looking art!