Slime is taking over! Have you noticed? White glue is hard to find...kitchen counters have a strange goo on them and your kiddo is probably asking for borax! My daughter has had a slime obsession for about 2 years now...but it seems the fun of slime has caught on! There is regular slime (sometimes called goo), sparkling slime, clear slime and our personal favorite...Fluffy Slime!
The ingredients are simple (although that glue may be hard to find!) and the recipe is pretty easy.
I do have a FEW TIPS if you and your kiddos are ready to join the slime revolution.
1 - Cover your work surface. We use wax paper or parchment paper
2 - I purchased a couple bowls for $1. These are the slime bowls - meaning do NOT use my good bowls.
3 - I also purchased a set of measuring cups and spoons for this purpose. I found cheap ones - and felt better just letting her use these. If you are only making this once, just be sure to wash your items thoroughly.
4 - My daughter can make this on her own now....HOWEVER, each child is different. Be sure to supervise your child and make this a fun and safe activity.
5 - Do not put the extra slime (the stuff in the bowl) down the sink drain. wipe it out and toss it is in the trash.
6 - My daughter must clean up completely by herself or ask for help.
Fluffy Slime Recipe
4 ounces white glue
3-4 cups shaving cream. You can measure I just eyeballed it.
2 Tablespoons contact lens solution
1 Tablespoons borax
1 cup hot water
2-3 drops of acrylic paint or food coloring. (I actually used more than 3 drops in this batch)
measuring cup (liquid)
protection for work area
spoon, craft stick, etc. for stirring
- Pour 4 ounces of white glue in a bowl.
- Add 3 drops of paint or food coloring and mix.
- Add shaving cream.
- Mix completely.
- You cannot play with it yet...it still has the consistency of shaving cream.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of contact solution and mix. You will start to see it sticking together and changing consistency.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of borax with your hot water. Now add 2-3 tablespoons of this mixture to your shaving cream/glue mixture. Mix well.
- You will see the slime begin to pull away from the bowl. Keep mixing...eventually it will form a ball in the bowl. Mix for about 30 seconds.
Now you have amazing magical FLUFFY SLIME!
I love how my daughter wrote out here recipe - but no measurements - she is a slime master!
Need more slime in your life...here is our recipe for good old regular slime