This recipe begins with a basic Oatmeal Cookie recipe and then make a few adjustments to get to these tasty treats.
Be creative...swap M&M's for butterscotch chips or chocolate chips or a different kind of M&M, Rice Krispies for Cornflakes - just have fun!
- 14 Tablespoons Butter, softened (1/2 cup plus 6 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (or light brown)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal. I used old fashioned, but you can also use quick-cooking
- 2 cups Cornflakes
- 1 cup M&M chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Prepare cookie sheets. I bake my cookies on parchment paper.
- Cream Butter and sugars together in a mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs to the mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients; mix well.
- Add the oatmeal; stir to combine.
- Add cornflakes; stir to combine.
- Add M&M's; stir to combine.
- Drop tablespoon size (you can make them smaller) balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving about 2-3" between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Check at 8 minutes for the progress.
- Remove from oven, let sit one minute.
- Transfer and let cool on a rack.
These cookies are so addictive - the addition of the cornflakes add a nice crunch and a hint of something special!
Whats your favorite cookie?