Just to be clear, I made these as a snack...a treat...not as a substitute for breakfast. I have made cereal breakfast bars before and they are yummy. But right now, it's all about the snack! And, by the way, these would be super quick and adorable for Valentines Day- the perfect red of the strawberries and the sweetness, just reminders me of that special day!
You just need three ingredients!
- 6 cups, Special K Red berries
- 1 10 oz. Bag of Jet Puffed Marshmallows (about 40)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Optional: 1 Teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Rub butter all around a 13 x 9 inch pan
- Place remaining butter in a large pan on the stove top.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until they are melted.
- OPTIONAL: add your extract/flavoring here is you want them.
- Pour in 6 cups of Special K Red Berries.
- Gently fold in the cereal to the marshmallows, until they are all coated. (Be gentle to keep the flakes in tact and prevent them from getting crumbled).
- Press into prepared pan and let cool.
- Cut and enjoy!
Like cereal like us, try these tasty recipes!