I have been trapped under, beside, and on top of boxes...
but that aside, this month has been full of celebrations.
Most recently we threw my daughter a small birthday party
before we took off from California to Texas.
In general I like to keep my party favors useful or edible,
so for this soiree I used the Mini Pizza Boxes from Lifestyle Crafts to package
"everyones" favorite butterfly sugar cookies from the local bakery.
These sweet favors were so simple and made such a great presentation.
Here is how to make them.
- Evolution Die Cutter
- Mini Pizza Box Die
- Paper of choice. I used Chalkboard Paper Pack (it is double sided so the inside and outside both look great.
- NOTE: (each box requires one half of a 12 x 12 sheet)
- Wax paper (to line bottom of the box)
- Sticky Thumb Adhesive
- Cut the paper in half. I used the Chalkboard Paper Pack because I LOVE the look and style but it is also 2-sided so you get a decorative inside and outside.
- Place the mini pizza box die on the Genius platform.
- Place the paper on top; top with the cutting mat.
- Run the pizza box die through the Evolution.
- When cut, bend at perforated lines.
- I used the Sticky Thumb Adhesive to keep the box secure. Just add it to the back and front of the box bottom, and the front of the lid.
You can be done here...but let's embellish!
- Cut one Rosette on the Evolution out of a coordinating paper. (you should be able to cut 2 rosettes from each piece of 6 x 12 paper)
- Bend the rosette at the perforations; use Sticky Thumb Adhesive to adhere the ends together
- Glue (with hot glue) the rosette to the top of the pizza box.
- Add a button or embellishment to the center.
- I also cut small squares, that fit right in side the boxes, in wax paper to set the cookies on.
- Fill the sweet boxes with some sweets and you have an adorable and oh so yummy party favors!
I LOVE my Evolution (and the dies work with many other manual die cutters).
Use the code 504MAIN to grab a discount on your order!
What is your favorite favor from a party?