These days I find myself celebrating a lot of milestone birthdays for friends and family.
For these special birthdays, I like to present a pretty package.
Now, one of my "very serious" faults is that I cannot wrap a package for the life of me.
I try...but my corners are never right, there is tape everywhere - you get the picture, right?
So I have taken to embellishing and creating fun ways to pretty up and personalize packages (to divert attention from my other wrapping faults)!
Using my Lifestyle Crafts Dies and Evolution Die Cutter, plus some fun chevron washi tape and miniature pom poms...and anything else I can think of, it is easy to create pretty packages for those special people in your life.
I have long loved playing with paper. With the Evolution I can cut and emboss and make beautiful projects so easily. I really cannot get enough and am discovering new ways to use the dies and the Evolution daily!
Now for the wrapping...
I generally wrap my gift in plain white paper bags or with basic kraft paper. I did happen to find a kraft paper with a simple white polka dot and use this through the holidays (with a few embellishments) and have since decided this is the perfect paper for wrapping a gift and the perfect versatile canvas for making a package special and personal.
Supplies and Tools
- Alphabet Die (coming soon!) from Lifestyle Crafts
- Evolution Die Cutting Tool
- Genius Platform
- Scrapbook Paper - 1 sheet
- Sticky Thumb Adhesive - runner
- Brads - 5
- Chevron Washi Tape - Marigold
Optional - Pom Poms:
Here is a full tutorial on how to make miniature pom poms
My pom poms are flat on this package...but the process is the same...just use less yarn
- Bakers Twine or Sew Easy Floss
1. Select the word or numbers you want to cut and place them on the magnetic Genius Platform mat. (In this case I used "F-O-R-T-Y" and "4-0")
(NOTE: you may notice the following photos are not for the actual "forty" project ...BUT the process is the same!)
2. Cut your paper to size, to fit the Genius Platform
3. Prepare the Genius platform: platform, dies, paper, cutting mat
4. Run the platform through the Evolution.
5. Place the brads into the holes on the cut outs to create the mini banner
- Wrap the gift.
- Use the Sticky Thumb Adhesive on the ends of the banner/words to affix the banner/words to the gift.
- Place more adhesive on top of the ends of the banner, and place your pom poms.
- About 1 1/2" up from the bottom of the package (you may have to adjust that measurement depending on the size of your package) and run one line of Chevron Washi Tape (you can do multiple lines too!)
- Add the pom poms and enjoy the cuteness! (NOTE: my pom poms on this package are flatter than the pom pom tutorial I did. Just do not wrap the yarn around as much for a flatter pom pom)
I think this very simple package adornment really added something special to the gift and the special day of my friend...and it looked pretty darn cute!
By using promo code 504MAIN you can save 20% on We R Memory Keepers Products at shopwer.com.
For more amazing ideas and product keep up to date with