I love drinking coffee and baking and eating. I also love experimenting with different flavors and different ways to flavor beverages and baked goods and such. I have been interested in using syrups to add a special something. I decided to start with Vanilla Syrup, after all I have quarts and quarts of homemade Vanilla Extract. This was pretty much the easiest thing I have ever tried (almost!) and it is a great addition to my morning coffee, fancy beverages, and whatever else strikes my fancy!
Seriously this is super easy!
Essentially you are making vanilla flavored simple syrup.
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA SYRUP
(easily doubled for more sweet vanilla goodness!)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract.I make my own Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Vanilla beans slit lengthwise (I used beans from the extract)
- Place the water, sugar, vanilla, and vanilla bean (slit lengthwise) in a medium sauce pan and slowly bring the mixture to a boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool, and transfer the mixture and the bean to am airtight container (I use a mason jar).
- Store in the refrigerator. I cannot quite give you a time frame for how long it will keep because we use it up quickly...a month or two is my guess!
And...folks that is it all done!
BAKING, COFFEE, or TEA
What do you put in your coffee? Your tea? Your cookies? Your cocktails?