I innocently bought my kids Reese's Puffs cereal
and their sweet little imaginations dreamed up this
purely delicious chocolatey peanut buttery extravaganza!
I am convinced they are trying to torturing me this week
(in a good way..kind of) -
I am doing a Spring Detox/Cleanse
(more about that next week)!
They claim they wanted to create a special treat
for when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit
(Grandpa might just love his Reese's!)
What ever the case...these are delicious...
Now here is how to make this decadent and delcius treat!
Reese's Puffs Treat Bars
with Reese's Miniatures
Makes about 24
- 6 cups Reese's Puffs cereal
- 8 cups mini marshmallows (or 40 large marshmallows) for making bars
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows for incorporating later
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 30 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- Butter/grease a 9 x 13" baking dish
- Chop 20 Reese's Miniatures into quarters
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add 8 cups mini marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Add 6 cups of Reese's Puffs Cereal into the mixture and stir until combined.
- Once the cereal is coated with the marshmallow/chocolate mixture, stir in the 1 cup mini marshmallows until just combined.
- Now, stir in the (20) chopped Reese's miniatures, until just combined.
- Place mixture into the 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining Reese's Miniatures on top of the bars and gently press down.
- Let cool and cut into (approximately) 2" squares and ENJOY!
Oh yeah...they are dangerously good!
What is your most "dangerously good" recipe?