- Paper mache Eggs (craft store)...I suppose you could use plastic eggs and cover them in paper mache too. 1 per bunny
- Plate Joining Biscuits (from Rockler or the local hardware store) - 4 per bunny
- Foam brush, Rockler
- Craft knife or other utility knife
Supplies (chalkboard bunny)
- DecoArt Chalkboard paint
- Paint brush
- Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun or Gorilla Glue
- Optional: White Paint Pen
Supplies (book page bunny)
- DecoArt Decoupage, matte finish
- Book pages, torn
- Buttons/lace, rhinestone/whatever trim you want
- Paint egg and 4 biscuits in chalkboard paint - all over/both sides and let dry
- Paint a second coat.
- Let cure????
- Once dry, rub chalk all over egg and biscuits
- NOTE: You can leave your bunny plain and draw different faces on him - I did this for awhile and finally just drew a permanent face with white paint pen
- *see DIY ALL BUNNIES Below for finishing
- Apply a thin layer of decoupage on a small area of the bunny, let dry slightly.
- Apply pieces of torn book pages, overlapping the edges on that area - and applying decoupage on top of the freshly laid book pages; then continue onto other areas, until the bunny is covered.
- Make sure the entire bunny is covered in book pages and a layer of decoupage and let dry.
- *See DIY ALL BUNNIES Below for finishing
DIY ALL BUNNIES
- Cut 2 slits in the top of the egg for the ears - I simply cut a slit...I did not make anything more than a slit...then pushed the end of each ear into the slit. I did not glue the ears in the stayed fine...you can glue the ears if you wish.
- Position two biscuits on the work surface so that the ends on one side are touching. About 1/2"in from the back point apply glue; place egg on the biscuit feet; let dry.
- Add embellishment:
- For the chalkboard bunny, I simply drew in ears and a simple face. I eventually made a permanent face with a white paint pen.
- For the book page bunny, I used small lace flowers for the ears and eyes and a button nose; and for the other, just two buttons for eyes...and of course don't forget the tail!
Link up to the WHITE Party!