I have a VERY UGLY Door that is right next to my kitchen...and my pretty new kitchen is not happy about that! I originally intended to get a new door when we remodeled the kitchen, but other things happened, the door fund went elsewhere...and well, while the door needs to be replaced...it need a makeover now! I had had enough.
- Mythic Paint, Semi-Gloss, color: Sugar Rush, DB3-4
- Purdy Paint Brush
- Krylon, Frosted Glass Finish
- Cutting Edge Stencil, Birds on a Branch
- DecoArt Gloss Enamels, Antique Gold
- Stencil Pouncer (I tried a brush, but this worked the best for me)
- Rockler, Norton Sanding Bug
- Painters Tape
- Rub n' Buff
I think my ugly door is now GORGEOUS! Thanks to some great products.
1. I used the Krylon Frosted Glass Finish to give the old window a re-do. I wanted something for privacy but that would still let light in.
2. Then I painted the door and molding using Mythic Paint's Sugar Rush and my Purdy Brush.
3. It looked great just like that, but I wanted some fun and whimsy, so using DecoArt's Gloss Enamels added the Cutting Edge Stencil to the glass.
Go checkout The DIY Club for the full tutorial.
So I still need to do something about the doorknob and lock, but overall, I am doing a HAPPY Dance!
I tried to deny it for a long time, but using a quality paint, paint brush, and tools, makes all the difference in the time it takes to complete a project and the final outcome.