If you have been around here for awhile, you know I have a biscuit - plate joining biscuit - obsession. I just adore these little (non-fat) treats! I have used them for frames, medallions, and maybe my favorite glittering flowers...and now festive trees!
This DIY is mainly for the tree covered fully in biscuits (see photo above, right side). I took inspiration for the twine trees from Emerald Cove, but ended up adding on to them because I wanted a trio of trees all using and incorporating similar textures.
- Plate Joining Biscuits in 3 sizes, #0, #10, #20. Available from Rockler or a local hardware store.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Ivy Leaf (#51515)
- Gorilla Glue Wood Glue and or Hot Glue
- Styrofoam cones - size depends on how many you make. I choose three different sizes.
- DecoArt Glamour Dust in Ice Crystals
- DecoArt Snow-Tex
- Paint brush
- Skewer or dowel
- Rubber bands
- Container for display
- Moss, optional
- tree topper, optional
Want a PDF, Click HERE
Go visit The DIY Club for the full tutorial!
GLUE and Layer!
Add some pretty details!
Finish up and display!
So, I love these tree...next year I will be so much better at getting my crafts posted on time!
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!
Off to make tamales!