Every holiday we make some type of ornament at my house...I never really thought about it, but I guess you could say it is a tradition. This year the ornament is simply beautiful and we just used some gorgeous, glamorous paint and simple clear ornaments.
Before you go any further....I realize I am not diving into uncharted territory. I like to mix up the bigger, more complex crafts with ones my kids can help with or do themselves.
My eyes lit up when I received Glamour Dust from DecoArt - this product is fantastic - a creamy glittery goodness that I have never experienced. I have about 3 more projects using Glamour Dust too - all different so you can see its many uses (now I just need to get a good photo...have I mentioned how incredibly hard it is to photograph in my house).
So what do I love about this project:
1 - A three year old can help!
2- It is inexpensive!
3- The outcome is PRETTY!
Do you really need to know more?
- Glamour Dust by DecoArt. I used Ice Crystal, Sizzling Red and Gold Glitz.
- Clear glass ornaments (from the craft store - they are 50% right now at my store)
- Tiny bit of water.
- A cute 3 year old (or any age!)
Jules has become my new crafting assistant...
when she sees the supplies coming out her eyes light up.
- Watch out...this is way too easy!
- Remove the top of the ornament.
- Put a few drops of one or each of the glamour dust paints into the hole of the ornament.
- You may or may not need to add a few drops of water - I did this just so that the paint swirled around a little bit better ( and I am impatient)
- Place your finger over the hole (you can use a paper towel so your finger does not get dirty).
- Roll, twirl, and spin the ornament around to get the paint all over the inside.
- Place atop a glass or jar with the hole upwards to let dry.
- Replace the top, add ribbons, trim, etc if you want and enjoy!
Doesn't the Glamour Dust make a beautiful sparkly marbly ornament? L-O-V-E!