I have a big sweet tooth, but my real weakness is salty pickled anything. I love pickles, pickled eggs, pickled cauliflower, pickled carrots - you name it. Now I am making my own pickled jalapenos - because why not pickle everything. Well, really because I love them as they are, in salads, on tacos - they are simply delicious!
Let's just get cooking!
6 Jalapeno Peppers
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
2 Tablespoons kosher or sea salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
- Slice the jalapeno into 1/4" discs. Discard the stem
- NOTE: Do not touch your eyes - I may have learned this the hard way
- Heat the vinegar, water, garlic, salt and sugar until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the sliced jalapenos.
- Cook for 1 minute
- Turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes
- Pour the jalapenos and liquid into a large mason jar and seal
- NOTE: These are not sealed for a long shelf life. They must be kept in the refrigerator. They can be stored for about 1 month in the refrigerator.
Look at that - easy peasy pickled jalapenos. You'll amaze your friends and you'll enjoy every bite!
If you like pickled things like I do, check out my Pickle recipe!