As with many of my recipes, you can customize this dish to your hearts content. I'll give some of the other ways we like to serve it after the recipe!
- Pasta - your choice, but I feel a penne, bow tie or spiral work best.
- I used a Hodgson Mills Ultragrain with Quinoa pasta for this recipe. I cooked the whole package (and used about 4 cups cooked) and had some "plain" pasta leftover.
- 1/2 medium cucumber (about 1/2 cup)*
- 1/2 red bell pepper (about 1/2 cup)*
- 1 bunch of broccoli (about 1 cup+)*
- *NOTE: you can always use more veggies!
- 1/2 Cup Italian dressing. I used Newman's Own Lite Italian
- Freshly Grate Parmesan (or you choice of cheese...like Feta or Goat Cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Pasta according to package directions. For my pasta: Boil water; add pasta; bring to a boil; cook for 7-9 minutes). Drain and set aside
- Dice red bell pepper and cucumber
- Cut broccoli into manageable bite size pieces.
- When pasta has cooled, add pasta and veggies to a large bowl.
- Coat with dressing and toss.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan!
Delicious...and EASY - a great combination!
Customize your pasta salad! Here are some ideas for jazzing up your salad:
- Cooked (and cooled) turkey sausage, chopped
- Chick peas
- Lentils (check out this Dilly Summer Squash and Lentil salad!)
- Grilled Chicken
- Pine nuts
- Try a different dressing!
- Try a different cheese!
What's your favorite salad?