My family has a sweet tooth.
I don't always want to make a huge batch of cookies, cake, whatever...
because I will eat them...ALL!
I am also trying to healthy up our kitchen (I am always doing that)...
so the other day me son was asking for a treat...
and I decided to try this out...and he loved it (and so do I)...
so naturally I want to share our new recipe for Quick Apple Crisp in a Mug!
- 1 small to medium Apple (I used Granny Smith), cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon (maybe 2) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (adjust this is you like less or more cinnamon)
- A sprinkle of ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Granola (I used Bear Naked Vanilla Almond)
- Wash your apple
- Core the apple
- Chop it. I chopped mine coarsely but all the pieces are about equally size so that they cook similarly. I also left the peel on.
- Place the apple in a microwave safe mug.
- Drizzle honey on top of apple,
- Sprinkle cinnamon and if desired ground ginger.
- Gently stir/toss to incorporate the ingredients.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- NOTE: Microwaves all cook differently and everyone has different preferences for their apple - so you can add time. My apples are soft but not mushy after 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave.
- Add Granola. Stir in the granola if you like and dig in!
Have you ever microwaved dessert in a mug?
Here are two more quick recipes
for one that you can make in a mug!
|Oatmeal Crunch Cookie in a Cup|
|Molten Marshmallow Fudge Cake in a Mug|