This Apple and Oatmeal Cookie Fall dessert is brought to you by Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community and Smart and Final.
Fall is coming!
Fall is coming!
To me that means crisp sunny days...
pumpkins...warm sweaters...colorful leaves...
Yes, Fall makes me want to bake...and bake...and bake.
Sometimes there is too much happening in my life to bake a treat completely from scratch, but yet I still want to make something with that special homemade feel. For that reason, I challenged myself to create a go-to Fall dessert that was totally yummy, but also super easy to make. I purchased First Street Bakery Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, one of Smart and Final's pre-made bakery items!
I have made dessert with cookie crusts before...but man oh man it takes time.
By using the First Street Bakery Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, I was able to skip quite a few steps, and save on time and ingredients!
I had an idea of what I wanted to make before I headed to the store, but got a little excited seeing all of the options at Smart and Final - you can get a glimpse of all they have to offer in my Google+ album.
I look for shortcuts in my baking and cooking where I can...but I never compromise on quality or taste and with Smart and Final, I get exceptional quality, variety, and taste! I am a huge fan of Smart and Final and have always found their pre-made bakery items to be delicious.
Oatmeal Cookie Apple Pie Bake
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons First Street Unsalted Butter
- 1 Package (18 cookies) First Street Bakery Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup First Street Pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 Cups First Street Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (1/4 c. for the crust, 1/4 cup for the topping)
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
Makes approximately 9 servings (2 1/2" squares)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Melt 1/2 cup butter
- Crumbled 12 First Street Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Add flour and crumbled cookies to a medium bowl
- Add the melted butter to the flour/cookie crumble mix.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place mixture in a 9" x 9 "baking dish and press down to compact.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375F.
- Remove from oven,
- Spread 1- 1/1/4 cups First Street Apple Pie Filling on top of the oatmeal cookie crust.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle topping (see below for recipe/how to) on top.*
- Bake for another 20 minutes at 375F.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into 2 1/2" squares.
- Drizzle with Caramel Sauce (if you dare!) or serve it up with some vanilla ice cream!
- Crumbled the remaining 6 First Street Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and mix them with 1/4 cup all purpose flour, an 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of First Street butter.
- Add the melted butter to the cookie mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the topping all over the apple pie filling.*
- Finish recipe, return to #12 above.
In less than an hour you will have a scrumptious, apple pie inspired Fall dessert with the unexpected and totally addictive addition of an Oatmeal Cookie Crust!
Catch great deals and amazing recipes by keeping in touch with Smart and Final
What's Your Favorite Fall Dessert?