I am always behind when it comes to seasonal or holiday decorating
(seriously, we are just short of buying our Christmas tree the night before Christmas).
Last year I made these bunnies just in the nick of time, so while I prepare new crafty goodness for this year to celebrate SPRING, I thought I would share these guys again.
(original post 4/11/11)
I kind of love them!
Trio of Silly Bunnies
- Paper mache Eggs (craft store)...I suppose you could use plastic eggs and cover them in paper mache too. 1 per bunny
- Plate Joining Biscuits (from Rockler or the local hardware store) - 4 per bunny
- Foam brush, Rockler
- Craft knife or other utility knife
Supplies (chalkboard bunny)
- DecoArt Chalkboard paint
- Paint brush
- Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun or Gorilla Glue
- Optional: White Paint Pen
Supplies (book page bunny)
- DecoArt Decoupage, matte finish
- Book pages, torn
- Buttons/lace, rhinestone/whatever trim you want
- Paint egg and 4 biscuits in chalkboard paint - all over/both sides and let dry
- Paint a second coat.
- Let cure????
- Once dry, rub chalk all over egg and biscuits
- NOTE: You can leave your bunny plain and draw different faces on him - I did this for awhile and finally just drew a permanent face with white paint pen
- *see DIY ALL BUNNIES Below for finishing
- Apply a thin layer of decoupage on a small area of the bunny, let dry slightly.
- Apply pieces of torn book pages, overlapping the edges on that area - and applying decoupage on top of the freshly laid book pages; then continue onto other areas, until the bunny is covered.
- Make sure the entire bunny is covered in book pages and a layer of decoupage and let dry.
- *See DIY ALL BUNNIES Below for finishing
DIY ALL BUNNIES
- Cut 2 slits in the top of the egg for the ears - I simply cut a slit...I did not make anything more than a slit...then pushed the end of each ear into the slit. I did not glue the ears in the stayed fine...you can glue the ears if you wish.
- Position two biscuits on the work surface so that the ends on one side are touching. About 1/2"in from the back point apply glue; place egg on the biscuit feet; let dry.
- Add embellishment:
- For the chalkboard bunny, I simply drew in ears and a simple face. I eventually made a permanent face with a white paint pen.
- For the book page bunny, I used small lace flowers for the ears and eyes and a button nose; and for the other, just two buttons for eyes...and of course don't forget the tail!
So...are you getting ready for Spring or
do you need to get your tail movin' too?