While I was sunning (not really, it poured rain, but it doesn't sound as good) myself in L.A. and my hubby was powerless (really no electricity) in PG, I received two awards. Wooooo-whoooo! Yes, thank you, I will give myself a little cheer.
First up, Tattoos and Teething Rings honored me with the I Give Good Blog Award. I just love it! She has some really terrific and timely posts happening over at her place and it a great commenter...so if you have not already done it...go check her out!
The rules for accepting the award are that I must pass it on to four more blogs. There are so many blogs that I LOVE and bloggers that I LOVE, so this is not easy. I figure the best way to spread the love is to pass it on to some othe rnew bloggers...so they can spread the love. I have selected this ladies and gentleman for many reason, so just go check them out.
Cynthia at Running with Letters
Matty at Matty Thoughts
Holly at In the Kitchen with Holly
Laura at My Best Day Ever
And the story continues...
Erin over at The Mother Load honored me with the Honest Scrap Award. I am totally blown away. If you have not checked out her blog, you must do it...insightful, funny and witty!
- I wanted to be a wedding gown designer when I was seven…I still do, and hope to have that chance someday.
- Patience is not one of my virtues (I skipped that line and went straight to the OCD line), so being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. I try every day to be a better mother. I love my kids more than everything and the sound of their laughter is the single best thing on earth.
- I am a rules person, and people who preach the rules but then think the rules do not apply to them drive me insane. I think the idea of personal responsibility needs to be revisited. (That's my soap box for today)
- I was a Big Sister in Los Angeles, and I loved it. I think Big Brothers/Big Sisters is one of the best organizations ever. I woudl love to do more charity work, but there is just not that much time right now...so instead fo time I donate coats/money/whatever I can do to help.
- My father took mu future hubby aside after we got engaged and asked him if he was sure he wanted to do this because “My daughter can be a b****.”
- My junior year english teaxcher told me I could write, but I didn;t care...I was goign to be a fashion designer. I skipped all that stuff...but since then, I have written four books and am on the fifth.
- I have been on a few TV shows as a wedding planning expert. It was fun, but not all it is cracked up to be.
- I always wanted to take piano, but never got to. Instead of $$ a month for piano, my parents spent $$$$$$ a year on ice hockey for my brother. Yes, I am bitter, and yes my parents know I am.
- I love serial killer documentaries and TV shows. My husband tells everyone if he disappears I did it. Honestly, I wouldn’t do it yet, he needs more life insurance.
- I refused to go to a concert until the Go-Go’s got back together, so when they did Lesley took me for my b’day. Since then I have only been to four adult concerts (Go-Go’s, Eagles, Garth Brooks x2). I have seen the Wiggles three times and Charlotte Diamond three times…aren’t you jealous?
The McDonald World
Dirty Little Confessions
Tattoos and Teething Rings
P.S. I am having some serious computer issues...sorry it took so long to get this out and excuse any crazy typos or formatting....it has refused to save this post 4 times and I am DONE!