I eat a lot of salad.
I like a lot of different textures and my flavors in my salads
and am always experimenting.
One salad topper that I have used for years and years (and years)
is so simple and adds a nice crunch.
Did I mention...it is super EASY!
- Wonton wrappers (there are a million in a package - or so it seems...I used 1/2 package for this batch)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- (You can also switch out seasonings for different flavors!
- 1 teaspoon (half of the package) - 1 tablespoon (whole package) Olive Oil
- (TIPS: You can also substitute other oils like sesame, grapeseed, etc.)
Foil or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Stack a few wrappers at a time on the cutting board
- Slice the wrappers (through all layers) into 1/8"-1/4" strips (you can make them smaller too)
- Place in a large bowl and toss with Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet (as you can see in the photo, I did not lay mine out perfectly but did my best to keep them not to bunched up) and bake for 10 minutes, checking and maybe flipping with a spatula halfway through.
- Let cool
Top your salad with this crunchy goodness...
Or eat them as a snack like my girlie did! I had to hide them!
What is your favorite salad topping?