Who doesn't love puffy hearts? I made these puffy heart necklaces a few years ago and never blogged about them. Then I was at the craft store and I saw a cute little box of puffy hearts. First I made a puffy heart wreath and now I made another puffy heart necklace for my daughter - because puffy hearts are always a good thing and you have hearts left over after you make the wreath!
This is so EASY and quick - you can make everyone a puffy heart necklace. Seriously it takes less than 5 minutes per necklace!
- Felt puffy hearts. I got mine from Michaels, but you can easily make your own
- Necklace - your choosing, like a ball necklace or long chain...heck you can even use a ribbon!
- Needle and matching thread
- NOTE: If you need to make a puffy heart: draw a heart on some felt; cut 2 hearts; fill with a small amount of stuffing; stitch or glue together (Use embroidery floss to give that hand stitched look mine has).
- Use your puffy heart from Michaels
- Find the center of the necklace.
- Use a simple stitch to sew the corner of the heart onto the necklace (thread the needle; tie a knot in the thread; start on the back; come up through the top, loop over the top of the heart; go over the chain' go back through the heart from the back and repeat). Do about 20 loops and tie off on the back...and you are done!
Happy Valentines Day!