- Small potatoes, like Baby Dutch Yellow or Fingerlings
- Olive Oil (and brush)
- Equipment: cutting board, knife, baking dish, large (Tablespoon) spoon
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F
- Wash the potatoes, pat dry.
- Now, it is time to cut them. You want thin even slices. This is not my forte (I will never be on Top Chef), but even I can manage to do this.
- You can simply place each potato on the cutting board and slice the potato - WITHOUT cutting through the potato - you want the potato still connected at the bottom...
- BUT...here's our helpful HINT...Place/cradle each potato in a large spoon and slice while the potato is in the spoon. The spoon stops the knife from cutting all the way through! Genius, right?
- Start about 1/4" to 1/2' from the edge of the potato, and begin slicing (evenly) across the potato.
- Repeat on all potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish.
- Brush each potato with Olive Oil. I sometimes use my olive oil sprayer thingy (that is totally an official name).
- As I apply the oil, I try to open the potato slightly by pushing on each end of the potato with my fingers.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each potato.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- HINT: You might want to check them at 45 minutes. Every oven if different and everyone likes different levels of crispy!
These potatoes are PERFECT just like this but there are so many other ways to season these beauties. I'll share some of my ideas very soon!
Do you like potatoes like I like potatoes? Try these waffle iron potatoes! Delicious!
Now, go on and make some potatoes!