I admit, I have quite enjoyed drinking a Shandy by the pool, and with this recipe, you can enjoy the refreshing taste of this amazing cocktail. By the way...for those of you who do not drink alcoholic beverages, I have a non-alcoholic version coming your way ASAP! The tastes are too good to miss out on!
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka (I used Deep Eddy's)
- Basil Simple Syrup (click the link for the recipe)
- Orange Juice
- Beer (you can get fancy if you want, I used Shiner Light Blonde)
- Cocktail Shaker (optional)
Mix It Up!
- Make Basil Simple Syrup (if you have not already) - you can skip this step...but the syrup really does add something.
- Place ice cubes in a glass
- Pour 2 ounces Orange Juice
- Pour 2 ounces Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- Add 1 ounce Basil Simple Syrup
- Stir or shake in a cocktail shaker (I just stir)
- Pour about 2 ounces beer into the mixture.
- NOTE: You can easily adjust the amounts of ingredients to suit your taste. For example, if beer really is not your thing, add a little less at first. If Vodka is not your thing, add less. Play with it to make it fit your tastes!
Finish the drink off with a squeeze of lime!
Have you ever tried a Shandy? If so, what kind?