I am always in need of a hairband...gotta keep the hair out of the way of crafting and cooking, right!? I also sleep with my hair in a ponytail. So, yes, I have a big need for a good hairband! I honestly never even thought to post this idea until I was talking to a friend and she thought I was brilliant...
so I will share my SECRET with you (wink, wink)!
I have tried a ton of different hairbands...but nothing - I mean nothing compares to this hairband I have been using for 20 years+!
Any my daughter - who despises having her hair in a pony tail - hinks these hairbands are the BEST ever!
This hairband is easy on the hair, never gets stuck/caught/pulls, and does not give you ponytail head (you know that ring left on the hair when you take out the hairband).
Here is all you need...it is so simple!
- 1 Pair of tights (I use tights that have a run in one leg or a hole, etc.)
NOTE: OK - I used to wear tights all the time...and I still do wear them...just not as much. Pantyhose will work, but they will stretch out quicker and lose their usefulness. By using tights, I still have some bands that are over 10 years old.
- Wash your tights.
- Lay the legs of the tights on a flat surface.
- I usually cut the tight at the heel, and discard this portion.
- Then I make cuts about 2 1/2" wide all the way up the leg. Of course you can make the bands thicker or thinner, and as you get to the thigh the band gets bigger (logical,, right?)
- Cuts made on the calf area will wrap around the pony about 3-4 times..or your head once...because...
they make AMAZING headbands too!
So, do you think I am crazy...
I dare you to try it...
I swear by these hairbands!