I am so excited to be working with a new Martha Stewart Crafts Product -
A Circle Edge Punch!
It will be available on HSN on 11/13! And only on HSN!
I am busy making some FAB projects with it,
but in the meantime just want to share with you some
Crafting essentials via Galtime and Martha Stewart Crafts!
Want to transform your home into a festive and spirited abode this holiday season without breaking the bank on decorations? D.I.Y. – and do it with Martha Stewart Crafts. They’re the expert crafters, so you don’t have to be. In fact, the folks at Martha Stewart Crafts have tips, tricks and kits for everyone from beginners to skilled pros.
The first step to crafting is to start with the basics, just like everything else. Having the right set of essential tools makes any project easier and will give you more polished results. Think of this as your “evergreen” tool set – items you can use all year long, whether or not a lit-up evergreen tree is in your living room. These essentials are utilized by even the most skilled crafters and artisans, and will help you cut, measure and properly fold paper crafts and get you on your way to creating custom boxes, letters, photo albums, cards and gifts.
Essential Crafting Tools to Try:
- Paper Trimmer – accurately cut your paper or card stock and achieve clean, precise cuts
- Craft Knife – cut intricate shapes with precision and ease
- 12 x 12in Cutting Mat – protects your table and provides a stable, non-slip work surface that will extend the life of your cutting tools
- Ruler – used for much more than measuring, it can evenly align and apply alphabet stickers when composing a title or message, or to keep handwritten inscriptions perfectly straight.
- Scissors – essential for hand-cut shapes and get into tight corners
- Bone Folder – a must-have for making cards and other crafts that call for a sharp crease. This product trims, embosses and pierces beautiful designs into your paper crafts
- Glue Stick – a great, all-purpose adhesive for card making, scrapbooking, and all kinds of paper crafting
- Double-Sided Tissue Tape – the adhesive to use when you want a strong bond along a long length of paper
- Ballpoint-Tip Clue Pen – for precision application when working with small materials
- Glittering Glue with Brush Applicator – apply glitter or tiny beads to a large surfac
- Tweezers – a good pair of tweezers is indispensable for grasping and positioning small objects effortlessly
Now that you know the basics you’ll need to get started, visit MarthaStewartCrafts.com for creative inspiration, how-to videos and project ideas. Prepare to deck the halls, create a glitter wonderland, and bring the magic of the season to the directly into your home and heart.
To help get you started, MarthaStewartCrafts.com is offering a 20% discount online through 12/31/12 when you enter the Coupon Code BLOG20 at checkout.
To make matters even craftier, you can enter the “Crafty Mondays” Sweepstakes through 12/31 for your chance to win a $100 Online Shopping Spree to MarthaStewartCrafts.com – just click on either of these quick links:
http://on.fb.me/TETex3 (non-mobile devices)
Happy Crafting from Martha Stewart Crafts! Be sure to check back for more project ideas perfect for the holidays throughout the coming months!
This article is sponsored by Martha Stewart Crafts.
(and originally appeared on GalTime)