In the real world, I am sassy and cynical
- very sassy and cynical -
and lets throw in sarcastic too.
Plus, I have a semi-warped sense of humor.
I actually do warn people of this when I meet them.
Are you still there?
OK, good.So I made those cute Cookies for Santa plates back in December and am having a love affair with those DecoArt Glass Markers...so I must use and reuse them! First thing that came to mind was my cynical take on the world...so I cam up with these "Half & Half Mugs."
SEMI-WARNING - This is a L-A-M-E tutorial. For two reasons...I cannot find the photos (I think they are on the broken down mac) and it is so EASY, there is not much to show!
- DecoArt Glass Markers, fuchsia (or color of choice)
- Empty mugs - I picked up these mugs at Target for about $2.50 each. I also just found a new set at Goodwill for $1.00 each.
- Rubbing alcohol and paper towel/rag
1. Clean your mug thoroughly and wipe with a towel and rubbing alcohol - and then try to touch the area as little as possible.
2. Start your glass marker, by pressing on the tip a few times to load the paint. Then start tracing over the letters on the print out. It takes a minute to get used to writing backward, but it actually adds character in the end.
3. I just free-handed this - I think that is what makes it charming. You could try to copy a font, etc., but I encourage you to just wing it! You may be able to use some painters/masking tape to keep the words straight...but if your wording goes below the line, that presents another issue (you could do all capital letters to solve this problem)
4. Let dry for 4 hours.
5. Place in a non-preheated oven. Start oven at 325F and bake for 30 minutes. Turn off oven, open door and let cool.
(oh and don't worry, I have more ideas for this if "Half and Half" mugs aren't your thing)
decide what kind of day you are going to have!
How do you view the world?