Well, I had a brilliant post written about healthy ingredients
and cleaning out the pantry..blah, blah, blah...and then...
I erased it...B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T, I know!
So, as I am still recovering from way too much wine
on Saturday night (BIG thaks to the MIL for the babysitting!),
I thought I'd share a fun, chic, and way too easy craft...
seriously, if you are crafty, you'll love it...
and if you are not crafty...you can do it, really!
I have seen versions of this on a number of blogs,
but hey, this is my blog...my version.Chalkboard Tray DIY
Really, how cute is this chalkboard tray! I use it for writing messages when we have guests over. I also make them for hostess gifts (you will look brilliant!). They are just fun...what more can I say...and my kids think they are pretty cool too!
- Metal Tray (you could use wood), but I prefer metal - nice old metal and silver-plated trays found at thrift stores or Goodwill. Super cheap...I paid between $1.00 and $3.50.
- Chalkboard Paint (not the spray paint version).
- Paint or Foam brush (I prefer the foam brush).
- Clean the tray...if you want...I prefer the patina. I clean it, but I do not "clean it up." You could take some polish to it...your choice!
- Paint the inside of the tray with the chalkboard paint. I suggest two coats of paint...wait until dry before applying the second coat.
- Let dry.
- D-O-N-E!...See..I told you it was simple!
Here is one other sign I made...You see, the littlesest person in the house likes to play in her brothers bedroom and sneak into the bathroom to brush her teeth (20 times a day!) and wash her arms (yes, I said arms, not hands), so all of our doors are shut, and if you have not been here before, finding the bathroom can be challenging,
but not anymore!
So, before I go, I know I have some (OK, a lot!) of catching up to do on my commenting and visiting...I am getting there, and looking forward to "seeing" you all tomorrow!